CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 23, 2011

A letter to Kari....

Dear Kari,


Today was a day that I wasn't looking forward to for quite some time. Not just because I had to get up at 4:00am, or because I had to drive an hour to the airport, I was upset because I had to send you back home.

You came into our life a short 2.5 years ago. I remember the day we brought you home from the airport. As soon as I opened that kennel door when we got home you were my best friend. You were so sweet and loving. We would play fetch with you for hours, you were able to receive love anytime we were willing to give it and you had a special place in your heart for treats. :)

When we added Jonah to the family we were nervous that you would feel left out and set aside. You were so gentle with him and loved him like he was your own. You never skipped a beat. You never seemed to mind when he would poke you, lay on you, practice drum solo's on your belly or chase you around the house. You were always patient with him when we were trying to teach him 'pat her gently'. He could have stuck sticks in your eyes and you would have loved him the same. You are a sweet and special dog. You will be sadly missed in the Weil house. I know Jonah will miss you VERY much! He will be wondering where his "dah" is. :(

The only comfort I have right now is that you are going back home and will soon be reunited with your brother and friends that you left on the farm.

Kari we love you. We miss you! And we hope that you retire in peace as you deserve.

Love,
Your temporary Texas owners





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Now I have to go put on more mascara because I am crying. Kari you were a wonderful grandpuppy. Thanks for loving my grandson.
Your Grammy

starshockey said...

Oh, Krysie, I am so sorry you had to send her back. But it was the best decision. She was so miserable here with her allergies. She will be much better for it. At least you did not have to do the alternative.
I loved watching her for you that time you went out of town. She got along with Ebony so well.
You will be missed Kari!!

Love to all, Debi