CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jonah - 1 year


My little guy

Letter to Jonah:

I will never forget the day you came into my life. It was a crazy day. I was so anxious to meet you, ready to not be pregnant anymore and scared about how my life was going to change. Ever since I saw your beautiful face, I haven't been the same. The first few months I adjusted to being a mom and surviving with little sleep. There were moments I thought ... "What in the world am I doing?" "Am I going to break him?" So many questions, some doubt ... but one thing was certain. I LOVED you so much and I knew that would NEVER go away.

I remember when you were about five weeks old and you looked up at me for the first time and smiled. My heart just melted into a pile of loving goo! I have fond memories of when you would sit in your chair and just kick your legs ALL day and it reminded me of what it felt like when you were in the womb kicking ALL day. I lost count of how many times you spit up on me and used me as a teething ring.

Then one day you became mobile and started crawling everywhere. Man, my life was just beginning at that time. I 'thought' I would be good at child-proofing but you have this special ability to get whatever you want despite what obstacles lie in your way. When you took your first steps, I was so happy, I cried ... then thought ... "Oh no! My life is OVER!" You haven't stopped since. You are the busiest baby I have ever seen, but the sweetest and happiest, too. Your toothy grin lights up the whole room, including me.

It's such an honor waking up every morning and being YOUR mom! God is so good to have trusted us with you. I am so thankful for you in my life and every moment has been a blessing. I wouldn't trade any of it. Being able to stay home with you everyday is a dream come true! You will always hold a very special place in my heart.

I love you son,
Mom




We had Jonah's birthday party on March 5th, 2011. It was fun ... and VERY intense and chaotic. But that is life with a toddler right?! I should be getting used to it. He seemed to enjoy himself really well. No tantrums or meltdowns with the big crowd. I am so proud of my little guy. Below are pics from the party.

1st year stats:
Weight: 20 lbs. 10 oz. (12th %tile)
Length: 31 3/4 in (95%tile)
Head: 19 in (95%tile)

The pediatrician is always impressed with him when she sees him. It makes me feel so blessed to have such a healthy baby.

We decided it was time to put up the bottles. His last bottle was at 9:00am on Wednesday, March 9th, 2011. Today is March 15th and he hasn't had a bottle since. He did really well on the transition. Only a few tantrums. Nothing I can't handle. ;) I am slightly more hard-headed than he is. :) I win!

He's been getting into everything of course. Anything that isn't nailed down he moves. He likes to rearrange furniture and push things around the house. He got two different sit and scoot toys for his birthday and he loves hauling them all over the house. Books are also an obsession of his. He loves to be read too. It's SO sweet to sit him on my lap and read him stories.

His appetite is growing. :) I also think we are in the throws of a growth spurt, too. So it may be short lived. But I am so happy he's eating more foods. The pediatrician has never worried about his weight, but I sometimes have to fight him to eat anything. Lately he's been a garbage disposal. I guess I shouldn't complain, because when he's a teenager he will eat me out of house and home. So I should be thankful he's saving me money, for now.

His music class is going great. He has it every Wednesday, except this one for Spring Break. He really likes the music and flying around the room. I will definitely be enrolling him in the next one during the fall.

Well, I think that is all the updates I have for now. :)

Party pictures:

Cake table

Cupcakes with whales on top

Candy goodies

Family Photo

His John Deere

Opening gifts (He was more into it this time than at Christmas)

Smash cake time! He got it EVERYWHERE (I also got all that blue icing out of his clothes!)



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

OK I posted once and it didnt show. I love you Jonah and the party was wonderful. I cant believe our little guy is 1 already. I want him to slow down Grammy isnt ready for him to be a big boy yet. But life goes by so quickly.

starshockey said...

Loving me some Jonah. Sorry, I was out of the country & could not post on Mom's blog. You are one sweet little man & I am proud to be your "GREAT" Aunt. Glad you had a good time at your party.
Love "GREAT" Aunt Debi