CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jonah - 9 months

A Rock Star in the making

My little guy is now 9 months old. So many things have happened in the last month. Where do I begin? He is now fully mobile. Crawling, cruising, pulling up, flying around the house in his walker (terrorizing the dog of course) and generally getting into EVERYTHING. If I go through a room and clean everything out he will find the one thing I missed. I guess in a way it's good to have him around. He keeps me on my toes!

Life has completely changed at our house. I just get exhausted watching him do everything. He is such a busy boy. One thing he hates: being tied down! He has started paying attention to how he gets strapped into things like the car seat and high chair. I think he's mentally plotting his escape. One of these days he will just chew through the straps.

His 9 month well visit went great. He hit all of his developmental milestones. The doctor is really impressed with him and how active he is. "He's all boy!" she said. And that was just after a short visit in her office....she doesn't live with him. This kid, his blood boils! One day he will be flying through the whole house and my hair will fall out from the stress. *sigh*

His stats: weight - 19 lbs 6 oz (25th percentile) height = 29 1/4 in (90th percentile). He dropped in his weight from the last visit but the doctor said that is to be expected around this time due to his mobility. Not to mention the kid is a picky eater. :-/ He still has to have everything pureed and certain flavors and textures really turn him off. I have to take food super slow with him so I don't burn him out and he refuses it all together. I have been praying that he will get over his choking and gagging so he can have bigger chunks of food. The doctor is giving him to 12 months to figure that out. Then we can be concerned. But I know he will do it.

I am really excited about our first Christmas as a family. We will be spending it in Nashville this year. It will be weird for me to not be home but on the up side it will most likely it will be a white Christmas. Nashville has already gotten snow. :)

I am thinking next months entry will be talking about him starting to walk. This kid just does stuff. I can't believe it. He has so much energy and drive. It really is nature's cruel joke that the kids get all the energy leaving the parents feeling drained.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

If he is like his mother he will walk before he is 1 year old. So soon enough he will be totally mobile and you will be running after him. He will chase Kari around the house soon enough. He is just a pleasure to be around.
Grammy

starshockey said...

Well just know that you are not alone. They all get mobile eventually and just wreck havoc all over the house. Payback are a b&*$h. You and Matt were everywhere, and there was no stopping you either. In watching Carley right now, I just did not remember you guys moving so much so quickly. But of course I was 25 years younger and had more energy. Now she just wears me out. In fact talking about it wears me out, I think I will take a nap.