CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jonah - 11 months

Jonah - The "Blur"


As I type this I am still in shock that I am a mother to an 11 month old. Where did all the time go? I still remember the day I was in labor and drove to the hospital and how anxious I was to see his beautiful face for the first time. What a feeling that was to hold him and kiss him for the first time. Now he's a month shy of his 1st birthday. Which I am kinda going overboard for. I LOVE throwing parties and celebrating, and his birthday is no exception. I know he won't care, it's really all for me and the family.

His bag of tricks include walking, shuffling (almost running), tearing up things, pulling everything out of the cabinets and drawers that he can reach, not putting any of it back, talking, putting anything that will fit into his mouth - in his mouth, throwing things, feeding himself and playing with the dog.

He has a great vocabulary already and listens really well. If you tell him "NO!" he usually listens. Sometimes he decides to push his limits and test boundaries, so we are just consistent with him and he's learning about things he can't mess with. It's really only things that will hurt him. It's really funny to hear him say "Nah" back to you. It's hard not to laugh. If you tell him "Go get a book and I will read it to you." He will go get one and bring it to you. He finds all kinds of random things and he will just bring them to you. Guess he's trying to tell me I need to work better on my baby-proofing skills.

He's definitely a little ball of energy and so much fun at this age. He loves to play and run around. He really loves music. We actually enrolled him into Tiny Tots and Tunes but the first two classes we have been snowed out. :*( I know he will love it. It's like a mommy and me music class. It's at one of the local churches and they sing worship music and dance. I am really looking forward to it.

More updates coming soon....stay tuned.


1 comments:

starshockey said...

He is such a ball of energy, all the videos you send are just great. Can't wait to see a complete library of Jonah's videos!! It is just beginning. We spend the 1st 2 years of their lives saying we can't wait until they walk & talk, and then the next 16 telling them to be quiet & sit down!! Never ending circle, but it is all fun.